29 June 2011

Denouement

"I can't express how glad I am that I did the tour. It was an amazing experience and I learned something everywhere we went like how I am the kind of person that needs a warmup show before i start a tour, staying patient with yourself and putting the previous show behind you and riding what you have that day, picking classes and riding geared towards the nations cup, and most of all I learned a huge amount about my own horse. Anyone who is really serious about being on a senior team should absolutely do the tour. Not only was it an amazing learning experience riding, it was so much fun! We had a blast exploring europe, meeting new people, and our team really turned into a family! I had to admit i was really emotional when the team parted ways but I know we had an amazing 5 weeks together. I STRONGLY recommend that anyone serious about their riding sign up for the tour next year, you definitely won't regret it!"

-Reed Kessler



"The tour helped me learn not only about European show jumping, but about how to represent the country as an equestrian. It also let us bond as a team and get to know how to manage on a team. It was very well worth it!"

-Meg O'Mara



"I didn't know it was possible to learn so much in just 5 weeks! I learned about what it takes to be a team member and represent your country, how to manage your own show schedule, drive in a foreign country, and even picked up a little French, Belgian, and German along the way. Most importantly, I learned a lot about myself and that this is something I really want to do. I know now that I want to go all the way to the top of the sport and I want to represent USA in many more nations cups to come. I had a blast touring different parts of Europe and meeting new people. I am going to miss the team and the extended family we became, but I am looking forward to doing it all over again with a whole new group! I am so thankful to have gotten this opportunity"

-Catherine Pasmore



No comments:

Post a Comment